Friday, June 27, 2008

Chapter 2

We met up with Gram, Corn-dawg, Philip, Fredrick and Elizabeth. Of course, Corn-dawg was not his real name. His real name was Coleman, but everyone called him Corn-dawg.

The bell rang and we all marched inside. The bell was like those bells in train stations, a monotonic beep. The morning was normal. We went to homeroom then went to the buses. Everyone was on the same bus. After about 10 minutes of loud talking and attendance calls, our crappy, hot, and noisy bus slowly began to move.

I sat next to Jessica of course, Gram sat next to Elizabeth, and Fredrick sat next to Corn-dawg. Jessica and I started to talk about whatever came into our minds; music, movies, shows and food. Then all of a sudden, the buss began to shake and smoke. The bus driver pulled over to see what was wrong.

He lifted up the engine try to fix the problem. There was nothing wrong. The entire bus was filled with smoke, but the engine was fine; not even a drop of grease. The bus driver continued to tinker with the engine as there had to be something wrong with it to cause the bus to break down like that.

All of a sudden, everything started to move slower, at least to me. Peoples voices began to distort, the birds seemed like they would fall out off the sky. I said to Jessica, “Is everything slowing down or is it just me?"
“Yeah, what’s going on?”
“I don’t know.”

Gram, Corn-dawg, Philip, Fredrick and Elizabeth also felt that time was slowing down. I said, “Are we the only ones to see this?”
Philip said, “I guess so.”
“What’s with this thing?”
"I don’t know max.”

I stared at the forest next to the mysteriously broken down which seemed to go onto oblivion. I wondered what creatures could reside in its never-ending darkness.

From the dark depths of the forest flew out think vines that latched onto me. These demonic vines threw me violently into the forest.

No comments: